Eligibility for U nonimmigrant visa (U Visa):
You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity including:
o Abusive sexual conduct
o Domestic violence
o Involuntary servitude
o Sexual assault
o Sexual exploitation
- You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim
- You have information about the criminal activity.
- You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.
- The crime occurred in the United States.
- You are admissible to the United States.
Applying for a U Visa:
• Complete I-918 Petition for U Nonimmigrant Statutes Form – download here.
• Complete I-918, Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification Form –download here. (This form must be signed by an authorized official of the certifying law enforcement agency.)
• U Visa Law Enforcement Resource Guide