3-part webinar series to increase participant’s knowledge on primary prevention by:
- Identifying practical ways to implement evidence-based or evidence-informed prevention strategies; and
- Learning how to engage new partners to build your organization’s capacity to provide on-going education to adolescents about promoting healthy relationships and preventing sexual violence.
Session 1: Building a Foundation for Prevention: Key concepts, models, and frameworks for sexual and intimate partner violence prevention
This webinar will provide an overview of starting points and key frameworks that shape sexual and domestic violence primary prevention. Participants will explore resources, concepts, tools, and other necessary prevention components that all educators new and seasoned–should know to succeed in preventing sexual and domestic violence.
- Describe concepts, models, and frameworks that shape the current field of sexual and domestic violence prevention;
- Identify resources for educators to apply immediately in a virtual and/or in-person classroom environment; and
- Engage in a discussion on resources, support, and other knowledge sharing that would help educators transition into their roles.
Session 2: Engaging Youth to Prevent Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence: Strategies and approaches for school, community, and virtual settings
This webinar will provide an overview of primary prevention strategies and approaches from CDC’s technical packages for prevention educators working with youth in various settings. Participants will explore how to select a strategy and approach that makes the most sense for the community and setting in which they are working.
- Describe strategies and approaches from CDC’s STOP SV and Preventing Intimate Partner Violence Across the Lifespan technical packages;
- Identify resources to support prevention decision-making; and
- Engage in a discussion around successes and obstacles in doing prevention in school-based settings.
Session 3: Building a Foundation for Prevention: Key concepts, models, and frameworks for sexual and intimate partner violence prevention
This webinar will focus on community- and societal-level factors that contribute to adolescent relationship abuse and sexual violence. Participants will explore how to build multilevel prevention strategies to prevent these forms of violence. This webinar will feature a case study to highlight prevention strategies that go beyond creating change at the individual level only.
- Identify community-level strategies for school-based and community settings;
- Identify collaborative partners to advance outer level prevention work; and
- Provide an example of a multilevel school-based prevention program.
This series of three webinars is supported by the Nevada State Division of Public and Behavioral Health through Grant Number NB01OT009309-01-00 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Division nor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.